Thursday, January 8, 2009

TA

I'm technically not a Teacher's Assistant for Ms. Villani, but that's the closest thing to describe what I'm doing. Really, I'm trying to learn TO teach.

The math course is not one that I ever took; I've covered everything in it, but it's a very different method. But I think I'll be just fine, as long as I look in the book to see what the class is going to be learning so I know how to help. Mostly I just sit and do homework until a kid raises his/her hand and needs help and Villani is already doing something else. I'm hoping that later, if a kid in one of the Math II classes needs additional help, I'll be able to work with him/her one-on-one. I'm sure that, at some point, someone will need help, and although I don't want kids to fall behind, that's what I'd really rather do.

We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment